Thursday, January 28, 2010

"the tale of a loser"

Have you ever felt like a loser? A complete failure? Well, if your answer is no, then I really salute you for the indomitable spirit you have. OK, I am rephrasing myself. Have you ever lost something?

When you lose something, it does not always mean that you will feel bad. How intense that feeling is,generally varies. One thing that governs the bad feeling is "expectation". This is, according to me, a very major factor in deciding how you will respond to the outcome.

There are times when you expect something to happen. You really want that to happen. With bated breath you watch and you watch, just to see in the end that you have lost. You feel bad. Definitely, I feel bad. Even worse, you are just about to win and suddenly you lose. The world around you start shrinking, the sounds of life start fading. Alas, how helpless you are.

Now why am I writing this super depressing stuff? You must have guessed. I am the one who has just lost something which I did not intend to. I am helpless.

But the world does not end here. So, definitely, there is a sequel to the above movie.

I start thinking. I have not heard of anyone who has not lost on anything in life. What do those people do? Do they quit? Definitely not. They 'move on'. Ah! what a lovely word. It is magical. Suddenly, I do not want to be helpless any more. I don't want to look weak. I want to overcome this feeling which is wearing me out. I want to come out.Come out strong,like never before. Will that happen?

Well the answer is 'yes'. I will definitely overcome this state of mind. In fact it has started. I am getting better. The depressing state is changing to a new state. A state full of hope. Hope to do better next time. I start making promises to myself again. A new leash of life has taken over.I feel a sense of pride over this new found victory. Victory over the "loser" state of mind.

I start humming a song. Slowly, the hum takes the form of a motivated voice. I feel motivated. Motivated enough to start a new mission, a new mission in 'life'.

No comments:

Post a Comment